Benniksgaard short facts
Benniksgaard's history goes back to year 1393.
The first family is known to be the Bennick family, who from 1393 drive Benniksgaard as agricultural farm for 400 years in a straight line. Benniksgaard has hence the name. The next family was family Jepsen as drive Benniksgaard continued for 160 years. But in 1866 they were forced to sell Benniksgaard after the Danish defeat to the Germans in Dybboel knock. The farm was sold to the monastery chamber in Hannover, who ran the farm with German tenant until reunification in 1920. After the reunification becomes the farm sold to a Dane who then leased the farm on to a German mind up through the 1930s and up to the 2nd World War. After 1945 the farm was confiscated by German / Japanese confiscating property and transferred to the State Land Committee. In 1947, Knud Friis manage the farm and bought it in 1951 with his wife Ebba Friis. In 1977, his son took over Mads Friis farm with his wife Ingeborg Friis.
In 1997, when it was established golf course at Benniksgaard, were laid bare many round dolmens and barrows with archaeologists from the National Museum in Haderslev. Runddysserne and long barrows dating back to the early Neolithic Age approx. 2500 years before the birth of Christ. This testifies to a past of which has only know too little about.
But there are thankfully a bit more detailed history of Benniksgaard in the history books. It will be able to read the menu items on the left.